Made this delicious crab and chive puff pastry appetizer for my party on Saturday. It’s not healthy really but having one or two isn’t going to break the bank. Recipe via Real Simple. It was a hit though, and I liked it. You can use low fat mayo and cream cheese. The only change to this recipe is that my cookie cutters were not sharp enough, so instead of circle, my guests got squares.
Serves 20 (makes 64 puffs)| Hands-On Time: 10m | Total Time: 35m
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (a 17.3-ounce box), thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Heat oven to 400° F. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut the pastry into rounds. Place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Fold in the crab.
- Dividing evenly, spoon the crab mixture onto the pastry rounds (about 2 teaspoons each). Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the pastries are golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with more chives, if desired. Serve hot.